- PDCGC Monthly Tournament Entry Fee shallbethegreenfeeplus$15for prize for members.
- Membership Dues-$30 or one year; $10 from Dues shall be embarked to General Fund and $20 from Dues shall be embarked for End of Year Tournament.
- PDCGC Monthly Tournament Prize Distribution –
a. $10 shall be awarded for low net scores based on number of entries.
- b. $3 shall be awarded to each four (4) Closet to Pin winners and Lowest Putts
c. $2 shall be contributed to future FWGAD Tournament
If no Closet to Pin winner, then the prize shall be credited to End of Year Tournament’s prizes.
- There shall be eight (10) official PCDGC monthly tournaments during a calendar year. Official tournaments mean members’ points are counted toward end of year prizes/awards.
- PCDGC may host up to two (2) non-official PCDGC monthly tournaments during a calendar year. Non-official tournaments mean the event is open to both members and non-members and no points shall be counted toward end of year prizes/awards.
- Two non-official events may include Team Scramble, Modified Stableford System, and Blue, White, and Red formats or other format to be determined.
- Three-month advance of dates for monthly tournament is required to be posted.
- Location of golf courses for monthly golf tournament is required to be posted 1 month in advance.
- Eight (8) or more golfers are required to proceed with a tournament. Less than 8 golfers the tournament shall be cancelled.
- Golfer’s handicap shall be updated every time the tournament is completed.
- Handicap shall be capped at HC 36.
PCDGC Player of the Year
Only members are eligible for this award. Points will be awarded every time when official PCDGC Monthly Tournament is completed. Golfer will be awarded on either gross or net score based on higher placement in each group. Each month
the points will be accumulated from tournaments toward end of calendar year. A member with most points shall be declared as PCDGC Player of the Year. The point system is as follows:
The winner shall be awarded a free paid green fee drawn by the PCDGC general fund for the month of his own choosing in the following calendar year.
- Local Rules (as defined in the scorecard) apply in PCDGC tournaments
- Winter rules apply in PCDGC tournaments
- “Ready golf” shall been forced at all tournaments
- Sand Trap – If a golfer prefers to move golf ball out of sand trap, golfer shall drop in area behind sand trap in line toward green’s hole. Penalty shall be one stroke to be added.
- Rangefinder or GPS devices are permitted during tournaments
- Golfer is allowed to move the ball within 6 inches anywhere (fairway/rough) except greens, hazard areas and sand traps. (PCDGC rules)
- The maximum number of strokes on any hole is double par plus one. The maximum score shall be 7 on a par 3, 9 on a par 4, and 11 on a par 5. In all cases, the number of putts entered shall be 4. (For example, par 4, one golfer completed the hole on 9th stroke and made two putts, then the score shall be 9-2. If one golfer did not complete the hole after 9th stroke then the score shall be 9-4)
- Golfer who hit wrong ball shall constitute two-stroke penalty to be added on that specific hole number.
9. Water Hazard-yellow stakes or lines define Water hazards.
a. The player has 3 options:
I. Option 1 - Without penalty, play the ball where it lies if it is found.
II. Option 2 - One stroke penalty, return to the closest point where the ball was last played.
III. Option 3 - One stroke penalty, visualize a line between the hole and the place where the ball last crossed the margin of water hazard anywhere behind the extension of that line with no limit as to the distance.
10. Lateral Water Hazard - red stakes or lines define Lateral Water Hazards.
a. The player has 5 options:
I. First three Options are same applied with Water Hazard. (see above)
II. Option 4 - One stroke penalty, drop the ball out of the hazard within 2 club-lengths from the point where the ball crossed the margin of the hazard, no nearer the hole.
III. Option 5 - One stroke penalty, drop the ball out of the hazard within 2 club-lengths from a point equidistant from the hole on the opposite margin of the hazard.
11. Unplayable Ball - The player can declare his ball unplayable anywhere on the course except in a water hazard.
a. The player has 3 options:
I. Option 1 - One stroke penalty, return to the closest point from where the ball was last played to play the next stroke.
1. On the teeing ground, place or put it back on a tee.
2. On the green, place.
3. Any where else, drop.
II. Option 2 - One stroke penalty, drop a ball within two club- lengths from where the ball lies without getting closer to he hole.
III. Option 3 - One stroke penalty, visualize a line between unplayable ball and the hole and drop your ball anywhere behind the original ball on the extension of that line with no limit as to the distance.
If the unplayable ball is in a bunker the player may proceed under options 1, 2, or 3. If he chooses option 2 or 3, the ball must be dropped in the bunker.
12. Lost Ball or Out of Bounds - Out of Bounds is the ground where it is forbidden to play (white stakes).
a. A ball is lost if:
i It has not been found or identified within 5 minutes of beginning the search by the player’s team, or
ii The player has played another ball according to the rules, even if he did not look for the first ball.
b. The player has 2 options (PCDGC rules):
i. Option 1 - One stroke penalty, return to the closest point where the ball was last played
ii. Option 2 - One stroke penalty, drop the ball out of the Out of Bounds or Lost Place within 2 club-lengths from the point where the ball crossed the margin of the OB or lost spot, no nearer the hole (PCDGC rules)
13. Relief from cart paths and ground under repair
a. When players take relief without penalty from ground under repair or an immovable obstruction, they do not have a choice of sides. Players must establish the nearest point of relief and drop within one club-length of that point, no nearer the hole.
14. Signing Incorrect Scorecards: If a player signs a scorecard with a score that is higher than what was recorded on scorecard, the score shall stand. If a player sign a scorecard that is lower than what was recorded on scorecard, a two-stroke penalty shall be added to the actual score.
- All PCDGC handicaps shall be computed under the USGA Handicap System with some minor modifications as described below.
- Only those 18-hole rounds completed in the past 24 months are to be used to compute the PCDGC handicap.
- To receive full handicap, at least three (3) 18-hole rounds must be completed. If less than three 18-hole rounds are completed, the handicap is reduced by a percentage based on the average score of the 18-hole rounds (60%-65%).
- Only those 18-hole rounds in stroke-play outings and tournaments sponsored by the Pacific Coast Deaf Golf Club are to be used to compute the PCDGC handicap.
- To maintain a handicap rating, a golfer must play at least one (1) 18 hole round in the past 24 months.
- The determination of tee boxes for age 18-54 golfers is as follows:
- Handicap under 6 shall tee from black box (blue box if there is no black tee box)
- Handicap between 6 and 14.9 shall tee from blue box
- Handicap above 15 shall tee from white box
- Golfer has an option of moving up a tee box if desired
- The determination of tee boxes for age 55-70 is as follows:
- Handicap under 6 shall tee from blue box
- Handicap between 6 and 14.9 shall tee from white box,
- Handicap 15 or above shall tee from red box.
- Golfer has an option of moving up a tee box if desired.
- The determination of tee boxes for age 70 or older is as follows:
- a. All golfers will tee from red box regardless of handicap.
- b. Golfer has an option of moving up to white box if desired.
Board Position Duties
The board shall determine which assignment each board member or assigned member will be responsible for. The assignments are as follows:
- Pairings – Farley Warshaw
- Fundraising – Dave Trimborn
- Election – Pete Seiler
- By-Laws/Standing Rules – Pete Seiler
- Handicap Chairperson – David Thompson
- Website – David Thompson
- Match Play – Jeremy Warshaw
- PCDGC Cup – Dave Trimborn
- I-10 Cup – Farley Warshaw
- Others to be determined as needed