PCDGC General Meeting – November 6, 2018 at Panera Bread, Riverside Plaza
By-laws need to be “cleaned up”.
USGA new rules for 2019 need to be video recorded before January’s outing.
PCDGC will host FWGAD tournament in 2021. Wastach (Utah) won the bid for 2020.
CA Cup to be held in first weekend of April of 2019 at same location as in past two years.
Interstate 10 Cup (Southern CA vs Arizona) to be held in first weekend of May and it will be two day tournament at Indian Canyon North and South courses in Palm Springs.
Financial report needs to be edited to reflect the standard of annual financial report. Will have one ready before next outing in January and will email to members.
Unclaimed CTP prizes shall be used for EOY prize for members only.
Tournament Director’s Report
Nine tournament outings were held with tenth outing cancelled due to heat wave during 2018 calendar year.
Will continue with Super Bowl raffle prize and explore other type of raffle prizes such as NCAA tournament for fundraising for 2021 FWGAD tournament.
- PCDGC will host 2021 FWGAD tournament. Passed.
- Change the starting and ending golf season from January to November to August to June and will begin this August of 2018. Passed.
- January to June, 2018 will have regular monthly golf outings with no EOY. Passed.
- Increase prize from $11 to $20 for monthly golf outing. Passed.
- Membership due remains at $25 but will be good for 18 months from January of 2018 to June 2020. Passed.
- Proposed the breakdown of prize for monthly golf outing as follows:
$2 goes to FWGAD tourney fund
$5 will be used for skin with handicap
$5 for 4 CTPs and lowest putting
$8 for net prizes.
Begins in January of 2019. Passed.
- For January to June 2018, CTPs prize will be divided equally. Passed
- Hole in One (ACE) Fund – Keeps $100 for future winner of hole-in-one and transfer the remaining balance to FWGAD general and 2021 FWGAD tourney, splitting equally. Passed
- Proposed to research new website, replacing current website. Passed. Jeremy will investigate new website and share with Board.
- Proposed to establish policy for golfers who cancel golf outing on short notice. Failed.
- Proposed an increase to $10 from $5 for guest fee, starting this January of 2019. Passed.
Next golf outing will be Saturday, January 12th.Location will be announced soon.
List of golf outings for January to June will be announced prior January’s golf outing.
President – Dave Trimborn was elected as President for two year term, starting January 1st of 2019.
Secretary – Farley Warshaw was elected as Secretary for two year term, starting January 1st of 2019.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:25 pm